“Look closely at the present you are constructing, it should look like the future you are dreaming”
Are you a young, vibrant, fun, passionate, and dedicate professional working in the non-profit world? Do any of these sound familiar:
- Did you think that when you graduated from college you’d go on to change the world, but instead you wake up wondering “is this really it? Is this what I spent all that time, money, and energy in grad school for?!”
- Are you frustrated because you’ve done all the things you were supposed to do, and you’re still stuck in a low paying, dead-end job, with no real room for advancement?
- Worse yet, do you find yourself comparing yourself to your friends and feeling twinges of jealousy and even resentment? Perhaps you even feel like a complete and utter failure when comparing yourself to them?
You’re not alone. 87% of people report that they are unhappy in their jobs. That’s an eye opening statistic, isn’t it? Sure, you organization probably looks great on paper, but you can’t help but notice that what they claim to be their mission and values are very different from what you see every. single. day.
Perhaps you’ve even been promoted once or twice, but each came with much more responsibility for just a little bit more pay. You thought that moving “up the ladder” would finally make you feel accomplished and successful but instead you feel more isolated. You feel torn between your boss and your staff. You can truly empathize with your people, and at first tried to advocate for them. But after being shot down so many times by upper management, you don’t even bother anymore. Now, you just placate everyone and do your best to put fires out. Of course you get angry about this because you see how great her company could be if the VPs just listened to their people. You swear they live in their own world and are so disconnected from what happens on the ground floor—where all the real work occurs.
Surviving in this type of environment has worn you down so much that you are constantly frustrated and often find yourself judging everyone around you—your boss, your bosses’ boss, your co-workers, and even your own direct reports. Because of this “us vs. them” perspective most interactions feel like a fight and you enter conversations like you are preparing for war.
So, what are you going to do about it?
Learn how to rise to the top and make a difference in the world the way you truly intended, of course! Our work together will provide you with:
- Clarity as to who you are, what you stand for, and what you will no longer tolerate.
- The ability to respond to life, rather than simple reacting to it.
- A sense of peace and fulfillment in all areas of your life.
- Knowing who you are and who you really want to be.
- Control of your life and the ability do things because you want to, not because you have to.
- Understanding your strengths and what you are passionate about.
- Releasing the stress and overwhelm that has become a normal part of your routine.
As a professional coach, I help young professionals in non-profits impact the world the way the truly intended. Together, we will dig down to the root cause of your frustration, anger, and pain and create a plan of action so you are living a life that fits you! Life is way too short to wake up each day filled with dread! Stop letting life just happen to you, and make the choice to take back control and get the life you want!